Jersey Energy has continued its role as Specialist Energy & Environmental Conservation Advisors to Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust. The latest project to have been completed is the first phase of The Durrell Wildlife Camp.
The project was intended as Luxury Camping providing serviced, yet subtle facilities, which enable those staying there to unwind and feel much closer to nature. The exterior belies some of the detailed planning and discussion processes behind the scenes, necessary to deliver a tranquil and pleasing setting for those staying, to enjoy the rustic ambience whilst still having some creature comforts, i.e. hot water on demand.
The site consists of 12 Pods, each having a double bed, wood burning stove, outdoor deck with sun-beds, as well as showering and kitchen facilities. The infrastructure designed by Jersey Energy includes:
- New power infrastructure to the site.
- New water main for potable water supplies
- Well / borehole water supplies for irrigation
- LED pathway lighting.
- On site electrical distribution and protection.
- Connectivity for future PV array.
- Supplies for future therapy Pod
- Upgrade of site drainage infrastructure including new foul pumping station
- Separation of rainwater from foul services infrastructure.